AHT GROUP GmbH is an International Consulting Company offering Management and Engineering Services worldwide in the fields of, environment, protected area management, water, agriculture, governance and waste. For our growing business we are looking for a Project Manager in Biodiversity Conservation and Natural Resources Management (m/f/d).
As Project Manager in Biodiversity Conservation and Natural Resources Management (m/f/d), you will work in a team of consultants with increasing responsibility in the areas of project management, acquisition of new projects, business development and project missions in your field of specialization. We are looking for motivated and committed colleagues (m/f/d), who will support us in the day-to-day management of our on-going projects and assist us in the acquisition of new projects.
Duty station will be Essen, Germany, with regular overseas travel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of technical and financial bids;
- Preparation of Prequalification documents;
- Project Management (technical, administrative, financial);
- Expert-missions in your field of expertise;
University degree in the fields related to:
- Nature Conservation
- Natural Resources Management
- Related field
Country / Regional experience :
Previous working experience in an international environment and in development cooperation, preferably in francophone Africa.
Excellent French language skills and very good English language skills. Language skills in German would be a distinct asset.
Expertise / Profile :
- Nature conservation and rural development (e.g. in projects in and around national parks, in economic development or the promotion of livelihoods of groups living in the vicinity of protected areas);
- Participatory natural resource management (e.g. community forestry, promotion of agroforestry value chains, land use planning, securing land rights, conflict mitigation;
- Working with target groups and intermediaries at the grassroots (civil society) and meso levels (municipalities);
- Ability to work in intercultural teams and willingness to travel abroad;
- Working experience in francophone Africa.
- Proven writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Familiar with the procedures and processes of international development cooperation;
- We expect a high degree of independence, teamwork, flexibility and intercultural and communication skills.
- Challenging work in an international environment with performance-related remuneration;
- Support for your professional and personal development with advanced training courses;
- Flat hierarchies, open doors, and short communication channels;
- An international and open corporate culture;
- An office in the heart of Essen, conveniently located, surrounded by cafés and restaurants;
- A friendly and supportive team;
- Flexible working hours.
Region and duty station :
Estimated start :
As soon as possible
In-house Position with regular travel overseas
Please, send your full application asap via vacancies(at)aht-group.com addressing our HR & Recruitment Team.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.