AHT GROUP GmbH is an international consulting company and offers sustainable management & engineering services in its core business areas of water, agriculture, environment, municipal infrastructure, governance & waste management for projects in development cooperation. Our services include management and organisational consulting, institutional development, and training measures as well as the entire project cycle from preliminary investigation and feasibility study to detailed planning, project implementation & evaluation. We are a dynamic and ever-growing company that for six decades has employed a multidisciplinary, multinational team of experts to successfully plan, manage and implement our projects in more than 35 countries worldwide.
Since 2021, AHT GROUP GmbH is a subsidiary of the Dorsch Gruppe, an innovative consulting and engineering partner with 3,400 employees worldwide. Together with Dorsch International Consultants GmbH, AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH and EnviroEarth, AHT GROUP GmbH is part of the Dorsch Gruppe’s comprehensive consulting services for projects in developing and emerging countries.
For our growing business, we are looking for Project Managers and Project Assistants on all levels, from junior to senior (m/f/d).
We are looking for motivated and committed colleagues (m/f/d), who will support us in the day-to-day management of our on-going projects and assist us in the acquisition of new projects.
We are herewith also explicitly reaching out to Ukrainian refugees with an invitation to apply, who can further enrich our international team.
As Project Manager / Project Assistant (m/f/d) you will work as part of our teams of consultants (m/f/d) with increasing responsibility in the areas of project management and acquisition as well as contribute to business development.
Duty station will be Essen, Germany. Depending on your position and field of specialization, international travel and specific expert missions in our international projects might also be part of your job.
Tasks will include: (degree of responsibility may vary, depending on the position level)
- Preparation of pre-qualification documents as well as technical and financial tender bids, including identification of partner companies, expert search, preparation of methodologies and financial calculations;
- Contractual, administrative and financial management of on-going projects including backstopping missions in our project countries;
- Depending on the profile: short-term expert missions in our project countries;
- Drafting / review and quality assurance of project reports, presentations, and other deliverables;
- Establishment and maintaining regular professional contacts with donors and clients (such as KfW, GIZ, EU, World Bank, African Development Bank; Ministries and agencies in our partner countries);
- Contribution to the Knowledge and Quality Management Systems of AHT GROUP GmbH.
University degree in a relevant subject related to our fields of work: water, agriculture, nature conservation, forestry, governance, Information Technology and economics (technical specialization or completed trainings in other relevant subjects, e.g. international relations, political science, sociology, geography, project management, etc.)
- For senior positions: Previous working experience in an international environment and/or in development cooperation, previous work experience in project management / acquisition;
- For entry-level positions: First professional experience in an international environment (e.g. internships)
- Excellent English language skills;
- Good knowledge of another language, e.g., French and/or Spanish, is desirable;
- Basic knowledge of German is an advantage, but not an obligation
- For senior positions: relevant working experience in one or more of the above-mentioned working fields, including team leading experience;
- Ability to work in intercultural teams and – depending on the type of position – willingness to travel abroad;
- Proven writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- General IT affinity and routine in the use of MS Office.
- An open-minded, committed and appreciative working environment;
- Challenging work in an international environment;
- Support for your professional and personal development with advanced training courses;
- Flat hierarchies, open doors, and short communication channels;
- Flexible working hours and mobile working possibility;
- Subsidized meals at company canteen, subsidized e-bike leasing, free coffee and water, etc.;
- An office in the heart of Essen, conveniently located, surrounded by cafés and restaurants.
Region and duty station :
Essen (headquarters), with potential international travel (depending on the position)
Estimated start :
As soon as possible
In-house position with potential international travel (depending on the position)
Please, contact vacancies(at)aht-group.com to express your interest and to send your application documents (CV and motivation letter; diplomas or certificates might be requested at a later stage).
We are looking forward to receiving your application.