The International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) finances climate and biodiversity programmes in ODA eligible states. In the field of biodiversity, the IKI supports partner countries in their efforts to achieve the goals of the CBD (Convention on Biological Diversity) to address the dramatic global loss of our natural resources.
Since 2019 ZUG (Zukunft-Umwelt-Gesellschaft) is supporting BMU with the development of concepts, tendering and contract management of IKI projects. AHT was contracted by ZUG to evaluate 13 project proposals (project outline + concept note) submitted under the thematic IKI selection process 2.0.2019, subject area Biodiversity, covering three thematic funding priorities (out of 13 thematic funding priorities):
- FP 11: Protection of terrestrial and marine biodiversity (8 proposals);
- FP12: Protection of pollinator and insect diversity (3 proposals);
- FP13: Capacity building for the implementation of the work programmes of the World Biodiversity Council IPBES (3 proposals).
AHT has applied the evaluation principle of two co-evaluators for every proposal. Each reviewer has carried out following subsequent steps:
- Review of proposal documents;
- Participation at the kick-off meeting with BMU and ZUG;
- Background research;
- Assessment of the proposal documents using standardized evaluation grids provided by ZUG;
- Compilation of individual evaluation results.
After the separate assessment of each project proposals by two evaluators following steps were carried out to complete the assessment:
- Comparison, discussion and, if necessary, adjustments of the separate evaluation results of the two evaluators;
- Presentation and discussion of evaluation results to BMU and ZUG;
- Compilation of final synthesis report.
|Zukunft – Umwelt – Gesellschaft (ZUG) GmbH|