The Ministry of Technical Education, Vocational Training and Industry (METFPI) has delegated the implementation of the programme to the National Fund for Apprenticeship, Training and Professional Development (FNAFPP). The objective of the programme is to improve the quality of and access to technical and vocational training and it focuses on the agro-sylvo-pastoral sector (including all professions contributing to the dynamics of agriculture and rural development (training channels covering the entire value-added chain, product development, agricultural mechanics, agri-equipment, transport, energy, routing, marketing). In this way, the Programme contributes to the improvement of technical and vocational training opportunities, employment and income. Phase III consolidates the achievements of the previous phases, transposes the experiences made and ensures a better coverage of the whole territory. It focuses on supporting up to 8 new technical and vocational education institutions (ETFP) in the Plateaux, Kara and Savanes regions.
Component 1: Investment measures, disposition fund: 4,568,000 euros.
- Construction and rehabilitation of pedagogical premises in public or private ETFP (classrooms, workshops, specialised rooms), of production units in participating cooperatives, groups and enterprises (processing lines for agricultural products, storage premises), including the monitoring of the execution of the works;
- Equipment of training workshops and production units (machines, workstations, equipment, teaching and learning materials).
Component 2: Accompanying measures, disposition fund: 800,000 euros.
- Training of trainers, producers and craftsmen in the use and maintenance of the goods and equipment installed, training of economic actors in the areas of professional integration, access to financing, etc.;
- Promotion of managerial capacities in ETFP;
- Training and capacity building measures for FNAFPP staff
- Measures of digitalisation and integration of Information and Communication Technology in Education (ICTE) for ETFP;
- Measures of professional insertion and sensitisation.
- Assistance to FNAFPP in all aspects of programme planning, implementation, completion, monitoring and control, including the development of the manual of procedures, co-management of the two disposition funds, preparation of reports, M&E.
Civil works and construction activities:
- Evaluation of buildings, preparation of the Preliminary Design and Detailed Design as well as the Tender Documents, preparation of the Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP) and its annexes for each of the sites/individual projects with moderate risk or the Code of Good Environmental and Social Practice (CEPSP) and the respective reports for the sites/individual projects with low risk, monitoring the quality and completion of the works on site until final acceptance of the infrastructure, including the removal of defects during the warranty phase and assistance with the final acceptance.
Provision of training materials and tools:
- Selection of the necessary equipment, execution of the tender and award of the contract, coordination of the installations, verification of the user manuals, supervision of the training provided by the equipment suppliers, review of the equipment before the end of the warranty period, development of a suitable procedure for the operation, building maintenance and long-term maintenance of the equipment.
- FNAFPP: Identification, planning and organisation of training of trainers (in close cooperation with GIZ), support for the creation of the trainers' network, promotion of agro-sylvo-pastoral and entrepreneurial agriculture ;
- ETFP: Reinforcement of managerial capacities, support for the integration of ICTE, support for centres in quality management through innovative management tools, management of a system for monitoring their graduates, training of trainers, producers and craftsmen in the use of the equipment installed. Training of economic actors in the fields of professional integration and access to financing.
Ministry of Technical Education, Vocational Training and Industry (METFPI); National Fund for Apprenticeship, Training and Professional Development (FNAFPP)
|BMZ through KfW|
|04/2021 - 05/2024|