School Construction Programme (SCP) FC Component – School Construction Programme (SCP) I & II EU Component – EU School Construction Programme
Detailed description of project:
Despite quantitative and qualitative bottlenecks, Jordan has a functional educational system. However, the high number of Syrian refugees poses additional strain on the system. To this end, the Jordanian Government has outlined the need for supplementary schooling capacities within the Jordan Response Plan (JRP) to the Syria crisis. To support the Jordanian government in addressing the identified deficits, the Government of Germany, represented through BMZ, has committed to grant funds (EUR 19 million) for the construction, extension and equipment of public basic schools in Jordan, including associated consulting services. Additional funds (up to EUR 10 million) have been made available for Phase II of the Project. The European Union (EU) plans to provide funds (about EUR 30 million) in addition to the FC funds for the construction and the equipping of ten new schools in Jordan along with the financing of related accompanying measures in addition to the FC funds.
The goal of the Project is to improve learning conditions in basic education facilities in selected Project areas through the provision of additional school infrastructure and the corresponding equipment (outcome). The overall development objective (impact) is to contribute to the improvement of personal and economic development perspectives for Jordanian and Syrian children to serve as a basis for stability, peace and prosperity in the region.
The Project “School Construction Programme” (SCP) is composed of two main components:
- Component 1: “FC Component”, funded by the German Government through KfW, which comprises the projects “School Construction Programme I” and “School Construction Programme II”.
- Component 2: “EU Component”, funded by the European Union (EU) through KfW, which encompasses the construction of 10 new schools and Complementary Measures.
Type of services provided:
The following are the management and technical support tasks provided by the national expert:
- Co-manage the EU and FC components in close coordination with the Senior Programme Manager (SPM);
- Guide the site verification and prioritization process based on the selection criteria established within the FC component and in close coordination with the SPM;
- Support the design and tendering processes and provide information on the status to the SPM;
- Support the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) processes;
- Support the construction supervision and support during Defects Liability Period (DLP) and provide information and time and cost control to the SPM.
|Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MoPWH)|
|BMZ through KfW, EU|
|03/2019 – 07/2024|
|Contract value: 6,718,651 €|