Integrated Sanitation and Sewerage Infrastructure Project (ISSIP) Community Development and Capacity Building
Detailed description of project:
The objective of this assignment is to implement the Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF) grant, administered by the World Bank, and develop and promote the institutional capacity of local institutions, communities and key local stakeholders as well as accountability mechanisms between local authorities and beneficiary communities for better service delivery in the rural sanitation sector. This shall be achieved through the following key components and implemented in full coordination with the Project Implementation Unit/HCWW, the water and sanitation companies (WSCs) and the rural sanitation units (RSUs).
- Part A: Support for delegated community management of decentralized sanitation systems;
- Part B: Capacity building for social mobilization, hygiene education and communication in rural sanitation;
- Part C: Participatory local results-based monitoring and evaluation and public disclosure system.
Type of services provided:
- Development of a comprehensive community development strategy and plan;
- Community mobilization meetings at village level;
- Formation of community groups;
- Conduct thematic trainings to WSCs and RSUs;
- Provision of legal support to WSCs and community development associations (CDAs);
- Provision of training to community groups/CDAs;
- Support WSCs in transforming role to supervision and auditing;
- Set-up of community outreach team;
- Awareness campaigns on community ownership, cost recovery, etc.;
- Implementation of baseline and participatory surveys;
- Development and implementation of outreach and awareness campaigns;
- Building of local interaction and decision-making capacity;
- Implement hygiene education at household level;
- Monitoring and evaluation.
|Holding Company for Water and Wastewater (HCWW)|
|11/2013 – 12/2015|
|Contract value: 1,795,635 €|