The overall objective of the project is the development of a web- and mobile application for the Knowledge Management Platform (KMP) based on the existing Lake Chad Information System (LIS).
The services are part of the "Lake Chad Region Recovery and Development Project" (PROLAC) funded by the World Bank.
The technical assistance is provided as support in the implementation of a centralized knowledge hub hosted by the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) in view of the creation, sharing, using and managing information for stakeholders of the Lake Chad Region. The development is jointly supervised through the project implementation unit of PROLAC and the Regional Secretariat of the Regional Strategy for the Stabilization, Recovery and Resilience of Areas Affected by Boko Haram of the Lake Chad Basin Region (RSS).
The development of the software applications for the KMP encompasses three main phases:
- Phase 1: Conceptualization and UX/UI Design
- Phase 2: Agile Software Development of the KMP
- Phase 3: User Testing & Capacity Building Plan for Systems Management
The services include the development of specific modules for the KMP:
- Agile software development process with SCRUM;
- Preparation of UX/UI Designs;
- Development of web-based Knowledge Management Platform with the core modules: map composer, e-library, project registry, FAQ and calendar/news;
- Development of mobile application;
- Integration of additional datasets.
After internal testing of each module, the consultant supported a user acceptance testing carried out by key users of the LCBC. A capacity building plan is elaborated for system system administrators, key/end users and trainers. The trainings are implemented for specific target groups and carried out with several methods including classroom training, coaching/on-the-job training and online trainings.
|Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC)|
|World Bank via LCBC|
|02/2022 – 02/2023|