The project’s overall objectives are to contribute to the peace process in FATA through measures which improve the living conditions of the people in FATA and foster their reintegration into civil life. The project shall prepare internally, temporarily displaced people for their return to FATA in a focused manner, motivate a timely return and support them after their return through sustainable, needs-oriented measures in the field of long term reconstruction and rehabilitation.
The specific objectives of the project foresee the following aspects:
- Social and physical community infrastructure (CPI) is reconstructed and rehabilitated. The population of the project region gains increased access to sustainable social and physical community infrastructure;
- Local citizens pro-actively participate in the identification, selection and realization of social and physical community infrastructure which is to be reconstructed or rehabilitated. Local civil society is strengthened and their participation in decision making at the local level is tangibly enhanced;
- Skills training in combination with livelihood support is carried out with a special focus on poor adolescent men. They gain significantly better access to qualified income generating opportunities including the option to set up their own business.
The services concentrate on facilitating a range of technical support and monitoring tasks. The services will be provided by international and national experts.
The services concentrate on the following activities:
- Development of Master Plan/Best practice and best fit according to local requirements;
- Technical and Management support;
- Tendering and procurement;
- Livelihood and communities support;
- Results Monitoring, including provision for remote monitoring.
|Sarhad Rural Support Programme (SRSP)|
|BMZ through KfW|