Forest Programme II: Biodiversity and Watershed Kerinci Seblat
Detailed description of project:
The Programme supports Indonesia in strategy development and implementation of measures regarding conservation of biodiversity and watersheds in the framework of the national REDD+-Strategy through a project in and around the Kerinci-Seblat National Park (KSNP) and upper/middle watersheds of the Batanghari River (managed by BP-DAS) in western Jambi (Sumatra), and possibly at a second site elsewhere.
The Project’s core components are:
- Biodiversity: supporting the management of Kerinci-Seblat NP in the project area.
- Integrated Watershed Development: support BP-DAS Batanghari improving and rehabilitating the upper and middle watershed of the Merangin Sub-Sub Watershed (MSSD).
- Protection and Rehabilitation of Forests and Forest Land: joint KSNP and BP-DAS biodiversity conservation and watershed development activities in communes bordering the Park.
- Project Management (for implementation of A - C).
Type of services provided:
- Development of communication, awareness, and outreach strategies (park protection, watershed management, livelihoods);
- Establishment of fora/partnerships (recognition & acceptance of the Park, human-wildlife conflict mediation, watersheds, livelihoods);
- Park zonation and development of a resort-based park management strategy to improve biodiversity and habitat management.
- Development of (master)plans (eco-tourism, watershed/forest rehabilitation & management, erosion control)Selection of & criteria for activities and areas for implementation of measures (afforestation/regeneration, erosion);
- Establishment of baselines and monitoring systems (biodiversity, forest cover, carbon, water quality & quantity, erosion);
- Technical guidelines, training, and workshops;
- Project Management (financial, administrative, M&E, reporting).
|Ministry of Environment and Forestry|
|BMZ through KfW|
|Contract value: 4,300,000 €|