The Project comprises consulting services to the client and the Project Executing Authority, the Poverty Alleviation Office of Hunan Province in Changsha City and includes advisory services, training and operational assistance. Support comprises technical assistance for investments in infrastructure for irrigation from dams and ponds, installation of large-scale and local water supply systems, including construction of rainwater collection tanks and establishment and support to operation and management groups. Furthermore new roads are being constructed and existing roads upgraded. Improvement of agricultural practice for tree crop farmers consists of training and advice to farmer associations including field demonstrations. This is accompanied by capacity building and training of project management staff and user groups.
- Participatory planning and decision making including investment planning for construction of irrigation infrastructure, water supply schemes and rural roads;
- Support for implementation (design, tendering, procurement and supervision) of construction and rehabilitation works;
- Advice on agricultural practice improvements and enhancement of livestock husbandry (fodder production, sheds, etc.);
- Establishment and empowerment of user groups, promotion of good governance;
- Strengthening of district administrations to support and supervise local water supply schemes;
- Introduction of water saving measures including adaptation to climate change effects;
- Hygiene awareness campaigns;
- Training in project management according to financial cooperation rules for project management;
- Training of water user groups in operation and maintenance of the water supply schemes.
|Ministry of Finance|
|BMZ through KfW|
|04/2009 - 12/2013|