The study financed by KfW and EU has the objective to identify sound technical, institutional and economic solutions for the treatment of industrial wastewaters in nine industrial zones marked as priority zones. The nine zones are divided in three groups, of which the third one is currently in a planning stage:
Group 1: Oued El Bey, Utique and Bir El Kassaa watershed (subject of this contract)
Group 2: Mokenin Ksar Helal, Sfax and Enfidah
Group 3: Monastir, Bizerte and Medjez el Bab.
- Data collection and enhancement;
- Data analysis and interpretation and assessment of future wastewater quantities and qualities;
- Assessment of the current status of the existing industrial enterprises and of the wastewaters produced;
- Study of various technical solutions for wastewater treatment in nine industrial zones;
- Environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) and dissemination of results to the public;
- Elaboration of the preliminary design for each technical solution per industrial zone;
- Estimate of investment and operating costs for wastewater treatment;
- Recommendations for the financial and institutional framework;
- Identification of constraints and necessary preconditions.
|Office National de l’Assainissement (ONAS)|
|BMZ through KfW, EU|
|02/2012 – 10/2013|