The general objective of the mission is to technically assist the Agency for Coastal Protection and Development (APAL) in order to strengthen the technical and management capacities among the units, institutions and individuals concerned with the implementation of projects related to the Coastal Zone Protection Programme.
The overall programme aims to ecologically and economically develop Tunisia’s coastal zones to protect them against negative effects of climate change. More specifically, activities encompass:
- Protection of the coastal zones of Kerkennah against coastal erosion;
- Rehabilitation of the coastal zone of Raf Raf;
- Other urgent protection measures to be defined later as needed, especially in the bay area of Monastir;
- General technical assistance for programme implementation.
- Assistance to the project management by verifying and validating studies, preparing tender documents, managing tender procedures, assisting the selection of companies, supervising construction, etc.;
- Ensure the sustainability of implemented investments and programme results by establishing an institutional set-up for technical monitoring and maintenance, integrating the various players involved (governmental and non governmental);
- Development and implementation of capacity building measures in line with the programme’s specific objectives including elaboration of training measures;
- Assistance for setting up an information unit within APAL to ensure timely communication with the riparian populations in Kerkennah and Raf Raf;
- Assistance for the preparation and implementation of phase 2.
|Agence de Protection et d’Aménagement du Littoral (APAL)|
|BMZ through KfW|
|09/2013 – 12/2020|
|Contract value: 3,490586 €|