Programme for Technical and Vocational Education and Employment for Young People - Phase 1
Detailed description of project:
The implementation of the programme was the responsibility of the Ministry of Technical Education, Vocational Training and Industry (METFPI), which delegated the execution to the National Fund for Apprenticeship, Training and Professional Development (FNAFPP). The objective of the programme was to improve the quality of and access to technical and vocational training in three growth poles around the cities of Kpalimé, Sokodé and Tsévié through support to seven public or private technical and vocational education establishments (ETFP). In this first phase, the programme focused on the sector that employed the bulk of the labour force: the agro-sylvo-pastoral sector.
The financial contribution was intended to finance the following components:
Component 1: Investment measures with a disposition fund of 3,000,000 euros.
- Construction and rehabilitation of teaching premises in public or private ETFP (classrooms, workshops, specialised rooms), production units in the participating cooperatives, groups and enterprises (processing lines for agricultural products, storage premises, etc.), including the monitoring of the implementation works;
- Equipment of training workshops and production units (machines, workstations, equipment, teaching and learning materials).
Component 2: Accompanying measures with a disposition fund of 3,000,000 euros.
- Training of trainers, producers and craftsmen in the use of the equipment installed, training of economic actors in the fields of professional integration, access to financing etc.;
- Development of training programmes in ETFP;
- Promotion of managerial capacities in ETFP;
- Creation of a training and support network in agro-sylvo-pastoral and entrepreneurial agriculture;
- Information and awareness campaigns.
Type of services provided:
- Assistance to FNAFPP in all aspects of programme planning, implementation, completion, monitoring and control, including the development of the manuel of procedures, co-management of the two disposition funds, preparation of reports, M&E etc.
Civil works and construction activities:
- Evaluation of the buildings, preparation of the preliminary and detailed design and tender documents, supervision of the quality and execution of the works on site until the final acceptance of the infrastructure, including the elimination of defects during the warranty phase and assistance with the final acceptance.
Provision of training materials and tools:
- Selection of the necessary equipment, execution of the tender and award of the contract, coordination of the installations, verification of the user manuals, supervision of the training provided by the equipment suppliers, review of the equipment before the end of the warranty period, development of a suitable procedure for the operation, maintenance of the buildings and long-term maintenance of the equipment.
- FNAFPP: Carrying out awareness-raising and information activities; identifying, planning and organising training of trainers (in close cooperation with technical cooperation, GIZ);
- ETFP: Reinforcement of managerial capacities, management of a monitoring system for their graduates, training of trainers, producers and craftsmen in the use of the equipment installed. Training of economic actors in the fields of professional insertion, access to financing etc. (the last activity is subcontracted to GEFAK).
Ministère de l’Enseignement Technique de la Formation Professionnelle et de l’Industrie (METFPI), Fonds National d’Apprentissage, de Formation et de Perfectionnement Professionnel (FNAFPP)
|BMZ through KfW|
|08/2015 - 10/2021|