On behalf of KfW and within the framework of South African German Financial Development Cooperation, AHT has successfully acted as Implementation Consultant for the VPUU programme’ partner city Cape Town since 2005. Initially it performed this role in the township Khayelitsha and over time in additional low-income areas in the City.
In 2014, an agreement was signed for four years, which would extend the provision oftechnical expertise in programme planning and management as well as institutional support by AHT to the newly and first in kind established VPUU Non-Profit Company as Project Executing Agency. This occurred in the context of a general upscaling of the VPUU at the Western Cape Province level.
Social crime prevention as well as community policing protection measures complement safe public space and urban infrastructure facility management, e.g. for new community centres and small scale in-situ upgrading, with the end of promoting cohesion in Safe Node Areas in the municipalities of Drakenstein and Theewaterskloof. Central to the roll out of VPUU to other municipalities like Saldanha, Swartland and Breede Valley is the simultaneous application of the VPUU methodology within the Provincial Spatial Development Framework.
- Programme, Product and Service Delivery;
- Community Action Plans and Public Investment Frameworks;
- Planning, tendering out and supervision of construction of social infrastructures;
- HR Management;
- Community and Public Relations;
- Concept Development, Mainstreaming and Knowledge Management;
- Management of Disposition Fund and Social Development Fund;
- Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Reporting to Western Cape Government and donors.
|Western Cape Government/ VPUU NPC|
|BMZ through KfW|
|07/2014 - 12/2018|