Development of the Ksob Irrigation Perimeter – Engineering Component
Detailed description of project:
The project aims at the development of the Ksob irrigation scheme through the introduction water-saving technologies. The irrigable area, covering approx. 1,200 ha, is located downstream of the Zerrar Dam and receives around 12 million m3/ a for irrigation purposes. Project implementation is carried out in close cooperation with the beneficiaries who will assume responsibility for operation and maintenance of the irrigation infrastructure after final reception of the works.
The engineering component includes the evaluation and updating of existing studies, supervision and control of construction works and the administrative and financial project management.
Type of services provided:
- Review of former studies, final design and technical specifications;
- Modifications to the final design, where necessary;
- Preparation of procurement documents and assistance during the procurement process;
- Regular site meetings with the construction companies and beneficiaries;
- Supervision and control of construction works on behalf of the client;
- Assistance for administrative and financial project management;
- Reporting on technical, administrative and financial progress;
- Final reception of works.
|Direction Provinciale de l’Agriculture d’Essaouira|
|BMZ through KfW|
|01/2015 – 12/2018|
|Contract value: 1,111,606 €|