The project aims at the development of the Ksob irrigation scheme through the introduction water-saving technologies. The irrigable area, covering approx. 1,200 ha, is located downstream of the Zerrar Dam and receives around 12 million m3/ a for irrigation purposes. Project implementation is carried out in close cooperation with the beneficiaries who will assume responsibility for operation and maintenance of the irrigation infrastructure after final reception of the works.
The accompanying measures include the following components:
- Assistance and training of water user associations (WUAs) throughout project planning and implementation;
- Logistical and technical support to the Direction Provinciale de l’Agriculture (DPA) regarding the promotion of WUAs, the introduction and dissemination of water-saving technologies, monitoring and evaluation and the development of water tariff systems.
- Designing and implementing sensitisation and promotion campaigns for WUAs;
- Institutional strengthening of WUAs;
- Regrouping of WUAs to amalgamate under a WUA federation;
- Training of WUAs in technical and managerial aspects;
- Administrative and social set-up of the WUAs and their federation;
- Preparation of the operational management after transfer of the hydraulic infrastructure to the WUAs;
- Support for financial management including development of water tariffs/cost recovery models;
- Technical and financial support during the WUA federation’s consolidation process.
|Direction Provinciale de l’Agriculture d’Essaouira|
|BMZ through KfW|
|01/2015 – 12/2018|
|Contract value: 1,091,641 €|