The Moroccan-German-Swiss programme "Support for Integrated Water Resources Management - AGIRE" aims to improve the capacities, procedures and tools of local River Basin Authorities (ABH) for monitoring, collection and processing of hydro-meteorological data. The programme is managed by the State Secretariat for Water with the Tensift, Oum-Er-Rbia and Souss-Massa river basin authorities as implementing partners.
A thorough understanding of the water resources availability by the authorities is a precondition for the appropriate planning and management of these resources. To ensure this, this assignment focusses on the following aspects:
- Improvement of the organisational framework for resource monitoring and data management and;
- Capacity building of ABH staff on monitoring, data collection and processing as well as on data analysis and data exchange and results interpretation.
- Analysis of current workflow within each ABH, regarding monitoring, analysis, processing, storage and exchange of data;
- Assessment of existing monitoring network and staff capacities;
- Documentation of procedures applied as well as of legal and regulatory frameworks regarding hydro-meteorological monitoring and data processing;
- Capacity needs assessment for human resource development and formulation of job descriptions;
- Definition of stakeholder involvement and responsibilities;
- Training for ABH staff in the fields of monitoring, analysis and processing of hydro-meteorological data;
- Foster the exchange of water resources data and information at national level and between basin organisations; and
- Development of a Manual of Procedures for hydro-meteorological data monitoring and processing.
|Agence du Bassin Hydraulique Oum-Er-Rbia / Souss-Massa / Tensift|
|10/2018 – 06/2020|