The objective of the Project is to promote efficient and sustainable management of protected coastal and marine areas in Mauritania, including fish resources, through construction and rehabilitation of infrastructure in the Banc d’Arguin National Park (PNBA) and Diawling National Park (PNB). The following main activities are being implemented:
Banc d’Arguin National Park:
- Technical design, tendering and construction supervision of an operational office for the park management and an international biological research centre;
- Rehabilitation of housings for permanent staff and visiting staff;
- Construction and rehabilitation of storage for park equipment;
- Planning and construction of small infrastructural measures improving livelihoods of adjacent communities;
- Acquisition and installation of a “floating ranger station".
Diawling National Park:
- Technical design and rehabilitation of dams including hydro-mechanical structures and dikes;
- Cleaning of ponds from sediment disposal along the hydraulic axis of the dam;
- Assessment of investment options, taking into account water management aspects and water demand of adjacent communities.
- Design of a topographical and hydrological survey for Diawling National Park;
- Definition of data needs for a hydraulic model;
- Satellite image data processing and analysis (land cover);
- Field survey;
- Elaboration of a digital terrain model;
- Development of a hydraulic model;
- Development and implementation of a multifunctional GIS;
- Capacity building of PND technical staff in GIS and hydraulic modelling.
|MAED, D.G. des Projets et Programmes d’Investissements|
|BMZ through KfW|
|05/2014 – 03/2020|
|Contract value: 1,930,833 €|