Consultancy regarding the efficient and rational water use to the Office du Périmètre Irrigué de Baguinéda. Activities on behalf of AGETIER comprise water requirement analysis, optimisation of the irrigation network, maintenance support and advice in financial management of the scheme. Technical expertise is complemented by training measures and the organisation of visits to other irrigation schemes to facilitate exchange of experiences.
- Identification of problems and constraints restricting proper irrigation management in the perimeter;
- Determination of crop water requirements;
- Determination of water levels and volumes in the main, secondary and tertiary canals and at plot level (irrigation water consumption and network efficiency);
- Advice on optimised operation and maintenance of the irrigation and drainage network (canals, drains and works);
- Strengthening of the water fee service;
- Training of staff from the Water Management Service and of water users in efficient operation and maintenance of the irrigation and drainage systems.
|African Development Bank|
|03/2008 – 06/2011|