The Integrated Agropastoral Project in the Gao and Ménaka regions (PAI-GM) is linked to the Innovative Agriculture Food Security and Nutrition cluster (AgrISAN). It aims at strengthening the resilience of pastoral and agro-pastoral households in the Gao and Ménaka regions with a view to socio-economic crises.
The project contributes primarily to rebuilding basic productive infrastructure, in order to stabilise and improve agricultural and pastoral (livestock-based) livelihoods in the medium term and to support state and civil society structures in building institutional capacity to provide quality basic services.
The main beneficiaries of the project’s activities are agropastoral cooperatives active in market gardening and mainly composed of women and youth. Village-level hydraulic systems based on productive boreholes (incl. solar pumping) are being built to provide a permanent water source for irrigation for approx. 17 market gardening schemes in the Gao and Ménaka regions.
The present consultancy contract serves to support the planning, supervision and provision of technical support for the implementation and commissioning of boreholes for the operation of small-scale irrigation systems. AHT supports GIZ in the preparation of tender documents, procurement and contract awarding as well as in the design and implementation of capacity building measures for the management committees.
All activities are carried out remotely (from Germany/Bamako) in view of the fragile security situation in the intervention area.
- Compilation and review of all available information and documents;
- Support to the planning and technical concept as well as technical specification of construction works (ToR) and equipment (well drilling, surface completion (wellhead, house well), pumping equipment, power supply (possibly solar/PV), water storage, piping and connection;
- Technical support, coordination and quality assurance of the various stages of tendering, procurement and contracting, including support for the preparation of tender documents, assistance in the technical and financial evaluation of tenders and the preparation of contract documents;
- Technical support to the coordination and quality assurance of the construction works in collaboration with the national GIZ staff;
- Support for the sustainable operation and and maintenance of the irrigation infrastructure by assisting the development and implementation of capacity building measures (awareness raising, trainings) for local management committees / water user associations.
|05/2021 - 12/2022|