The overall objectives are to ensure food security, improve the living conditions of the target groups and increase agricultural production. To achieve these objectives the following investment measures will be realised:
- Irrigation network with secondary and tertiary canals, including extension of existing primary and secondary infrastructure;
- Drainage network including secondary and tertiary infrastructure and contingently correcting works on Dina river channel;
- Earth road network and support to village infrastructure construction/upgrading;
- Irrigation plot set-up: ditches, plot borders, summary levelling on a surface of 1,670 ha.
Detailed design and construction supervision:
- Preparation of the detailed design for the irrigation and drainage network on the basis of the feasibility study: Socio-economic activities: Information and sensitisation campaigns, village surveys and agreements; Topographic works, geotechnical and pedological surveys; Hydraulic calculations; Technical specifications, work preparations, schedules and cost estimates.
- Preparation of the tender documents for construction works;
- Assistance to the local authorities during the selection process of a suitable contractor;
- Technical and financial responsibility including final reception of all construction works (contractors and on-farm).
Technical assistance for accompanying measures:
- Agricultural extension services and training of farmers in adapted rice and vegetable production and commercialisation;
- Improvement of water management in the new perimeters;
- Enhancement of the farmer organisations’ capacities;
- Technical assistance to farmers in operation and maintenance of the irrigation and drainage infrastructure.
|Office du Niger|
|BMZ through KfW|
|11/2009 – 12/2015|
|Contract value: 2,824,970 €|