The project aims to sustainably increase agricultural production in four large-scale watersheds including irrigated lowlands. Accordingly, the project is structured into three components:
- Agricultural development (access to markets, intensification and diversification of agricultural production systems;
- Irrigation development (support to water user associations, establishment, management and operation and maintenance of irrigation infrastructure); and
- Watershed management (integrated land use planning, erosion control, land registration and titling, pasture management).
A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been established for planning, tendering and controlling the project’s operations at central as well as regional level.
AHT is providing TA support to the PMU at HQ in Antananarivo and four administrative regions (SAVA; Boeny, Sambava, Itasy).
- Support to strategic and operational project planning;
- Project management and technical planning;
- Budgeting, accounting and management of a US$ 20 million operational fund;
- Tendering, contract management and supervision;
- Monitoring and evaluation;
- Introduction of a GIS;
- Partner coordination.
|Ministry of Agriculture|
|04/2008 – 06/2014|
|Contract value: 1,446,909 €|