Program for Inclusive Communal Development and Decentralisation (PDCID) II in the Boeny and DIANA regions
Detailed description of project:
The Program for Inclusive Communal Development and Decentralisation (PDCID) is implemented in the regions of Boeny and DIANA in Madagascar. The client is the Local Development Fund (FDL), a public administrative institution under the technical supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and Decentralisation (MID).
The overall objective is to improve the living conditions of the population through the provision of basic infrastructure and services to support local socio-economic development. The project aims at improving access to basic infrastructure and services for the population in the regions of Boeny and DIANA. The direct beneficiaries are the decentralised territorial authorities (the municipalities).
The project has two main components:
- Construction and/or rehabilitation of major priority communal infrastructure (about 200 km of rural roads and 60 schools) in 34 rural municipalities;
- Capacity building of the communes and the client (FDL) in the management and implementation of the project.
Type of services provided:
- Overall management of the project in close collaboration with the client (FDL);
- Project management for projects under delegated project management: Establishment of preliminary studies, detailed design studies and tender documents and establishment of an environmental and social impact study; Monitoring and implementing the tendering process, from prequalification of companies to drafting of contracts; Control and monitoring of works and delivery of supplies; Temporary reception, supervision of the guarantee period and final reception of works;
- Capacity building at the FDL;
- Co-management of the disposition fund.
|Fonds de Développement Local (FDL)|
|BMZ through KfW|
|02/2020 - 02/2025|