The PADAP project originates from the combined action needs of the national BVPI program (Watersheds and Irrigated Perimeters) and the PE3 (Environmental Program, phase 3)
The overall objective of the project is to increase agricultural productivity in close relation with sustainable management of natural resources. The project has the following specific objectives:
- Strengthening good governance in terms of sustainable landscape management;
- Reduction of the degradation of natural resources;
- Increase of income in the productive sectors.
The main objective of the 90-day mandate is to develop the Marovoay landscape master plan, related to the different components of the landscape, as well as the action plans and budget of the PADAP project during the first two years.
- Complete diagnosis of the initial state (reference situation) of all the components of the landscape, with the corresponding cartography and via socio-eco-agronomic surveys;
- SWOT analysis: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats on the different components of the landscape;
- Development and management plans for the different components of the landscape;
- Development of the priority actions to be carried out by the PADAP project during the first two years;
- Fund-capture mechanism and institutional arrangement to ensure sustainability of project achievements;
- Monitoring and evaluation process.
|02/2018 – 06/2018|