Improvement of the hygienic and health conditions in two urban areas (Praia, 120,000 inhabitants and Calheta, 5,000 inhabitants) on the Santiago Islands via:
Rehabilitation and Extension of the Water Distribution System:
- Construction of new reservoirs;
- Construction of pumping stations;
- Construction of pumping mains;
- Construction and rehabilitation of drilled wells;
- Construction and extension of water distribution networks;
- Construction and rehabilitation of public water taps;
- Installation of domestic house connections;
- Elaboration of water loss reduction programme.
Rehabilitation and Extension of the Sanitation System:
- Enhancement of house connections to the piped sewer system;
- Construction of new sewer systems;
- Construction of waste water pumping stations;
- Construction of a new waste water treatment plant;
- Construction of a waste water treatment plant for pre-treatment (disinfection) of hospital effluent;
- Construction of facilities for the re-use of treated waste water for irrigating municipal greens.
- Technical audit of the water supply network;
- Preparation of final design and tender documents;
- Assistance in tendering and contract award;
- Procurement of equipment;
- Construction supervision for all works.
|Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport|
|04/2006 – 09/2011|