The "Programme for the Economic and Social Development of Secondary Cities Exposed to Instability Factors (PRODESV)" targets areas hosting refugees, internally displaced persons and other migrants in Cameroon. The project supports 15 secondary cities in the North West and South West Provinces. Support is provided through the implementation of communal projects – esp. construction of public infrastructure - building on an approach based on the integration of local entrepreneurship, vocational training and labour-intensive works (HIMO). The Project is implemented by the Equipment Special Fund for Mutual Assistance (FEICOM), which is a national agency in charge of financing municipal projects and supporting local development throughout Cameroon.
The objective is to strengthen the capacity of secondary cities to cope with crises, accommodate new arrivals and promote inclusive communal socio-economic development in an environmentally friendly manner, in order to contribute to strengthening regional stability and better migration management in Cameroon.
- Organize grouped national and regional planning workshops;
- Support beneficiary municipalities in their planning, studies, participatory approach, approval process, procurement of services and works, implementation and monitoring of projects;
- Approve municipal infrastructure projects and other measures to be implemented (support for IGAs, vocational training);
- Advise municipalities on operation and maintenance measures;
- Implement technical and vocational training (FTP) and support income-generation projects related to infrastructure construction;
- Strengthen citizen participation and transparency;
- Strengthen municipalities’ capacities, incl. in conflict management;
- Support budget planning and financial management;
- Strengthen the capacities of FEICOM and provide advisory support to FEICOM PRODESV structures at national and regional level;
- Set up a monitoring and evaluation system, incl. the development of a remote monitoring system;
- Supervise and ensure the quality control of PRODESV activities by ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to the environment, occupational health and safety, working conditions and social matters;
- Support for the adaptation and implementation of the “Communication and Visibility Plan”.
|The Equipment Special Fund for Mutual Assistance (FEICOM)|
|EU, BMZ through KfW|
|01/2021 - 12/2026|