Applied Water Resources Management in the Lake Chad BasinCreated by Kristin Seeber |
AHT GROUP GmbH is proud to support the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) in the implementation of a further Climate Change adaptation measure in two villages within the transboundary intervention zone of the GIZ project "Applied Water Resources Management in the Lake Chad Basin". This measure in the fisheries sector has been launched with an awareness campaign in Katoa on 14 April 2022.
The adaptation measure aims to support 321 fishermen and women to increase their resilience to the impacts of Climate Change through diversification of income source and thus increasing the household income. Two local experts provide training and support to the beneficiaries in:
- Sustainable fish farming,
- Good practices for fish processing,
- Fish oil production,
- Production of organic fertilizers and bio-pesticides,
- Production of ecological charcoal from rice straw, and
- Management of an association.