Within the framework of a GIZ call for tenders in the Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) for “Strengthening Regional Coordination and Climate Resilience in the Mekong Delta” in Viet Nam – The Mekong Delta is one of the regions most affected by the impacts of climate change. According to GIZ, the core problem is that the climate-resilient management of natural resources in the coastal areas of the Mekong Delta is not sufficiently effective to ensure sustainable development in this region. To face this situation the MCRP “facilitates regional coordination, the pertinent institutional and procedural frameworks and investment plans and/or investment decisions as well as the development and dissemination of technological solutions and innovations aimed at improving the climate-resilient management of water resources in urban and regional areas in the Mekong Delta” (ToR). The focus of this assignment is on institutional development priorities in national, regional, and provincial master planning closely linked with integrating urban and rural development in accordance with relevant regulations.
- National senior institutional development and capacity strengthening;
- Coordination of the implementation of assessment activities outlined in work packages and quality control of outputs;
- Coordination and cooperation with national level partners;
- Organisation and facilitation of meetings, seminars, workshops and forums;
- Development of training concept for capacity development plans (including ToT) for the following topics: principles, approach and methods for integrated and multi-sectoral planning, and integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Development and maintenance of an information sharing mechanism with national and provincial partners;
- Quality control of ToT, training and coaching as implemented by the respective partners;
- Coordinate the contracting of short-term consultants to support institutional strengthening and integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Implementation of an M&E system for the contractor’s support activities;
- Coordinate the establishment of the policy and regulatory framework so that the RCC, MoC and MARD Working Groups and Provincial Working Groups can function more effectively;
- Coordinate the linkages with institutional strengthening activities and integrated urban and rural hubs activities.
University degree (Master’s) in institutional and capacity development, master planning or urban and rural climate change/resilience
Several years of work experience in South-East Asia
In the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages:
- English, C1
- Vietnamese, C2
- several years of professional experience in the governance and institutional development sector;
- several years of professional experience in urban and rural development and planning;
- some years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- some years of experience working on development cooperation projects.
If you wish to apply for this position, please make sure you include the “014855-Expert 2” in the subject of your email.
Please include a table summarising your experience relevant to this position (number of years of experience and number of relevant assignments).
No cover letter is required.
Region and duty station:
Project / assignment duration:
Estimated project start:
Five years from 01/2021 to 12/2025
Services being tendered