The overall objective of the project “Emissions Reduction in Cities through Improved Waste Management (DKTI) in Indonesia” is to initiate measures for climate-friendly integrated waste management in selected cities and regencies (municipalities). The project shall facilitate the exchange of experiences between cities, and to enable the dissemination of piloted and tested approaches. Working in municipalities/cities level and national level, the outputs of the project represent technical know-how in value chain of waste management, improvement of waste and GHG emission data, and enabling financing of improved waste management.
The Team Leader (m/f/d) will act as international short-term expert (key expert) in a pool of international experts and be responsible for leading a team of three other international short-term experts as well as three national long-term experts and national short-term experts.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with GIZ-AV and supporting GIZ project staff in GIZ/Consultant Jakarta Office and in the field
- Strategy development for measures for selected partner municipalities in Indonesia (six in total)
- Overall responsibility for results monitoring and reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds (among other, administration of local contribution) and financial planning in consultation with GIZ-AV
- Reporting issues related to the assignment to the GIZ officer responsible for the commission (GIZ-AV)
- Supporting the GIZ-AV in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a potential follow-on phase
- Participating in local coordination meetings and in relevant local and regional meetings in coordination with the GIZ-AV.
University degree (Master of Science) in Solid Waste Management, Environmental Management, or equivalent
Several years of experience in projects in South East Asia, including Indonesia
Proficiency in English, German will be considered an asset
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years of general professional experience in environmental management including solid waste
- Some years of specific professional experience in municipal solid waste management, including capacity development and training
- Few years of leadership/management experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- Some years of experience in Development Cooperation (DC) projects.
Region and duty station:
Jakarta GIZ Office, with field work in up to 6 cities and regencies in Indonesia
05/2021 - 06/2023
As Team Leader: ca. 80 working days in Indonesia and 80 days home office;
As Short-term Key Expert (Pool): ca. 20 working days in Indonesia and 20 days home office
Estimated project start: