The GIZ project aims to provide international expertise to support the development of a River Basin Management Plan for the Ramganga Basin, a sub-basin of the Ganga Basin by carrying out a Basin Characterisation as well as a Pressure and Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment.
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor;
- Coordinating and ensuring communication with GIZ and partners;
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines;
- Steering the process, sharing experience and giving technical inputs and advice for the development of the Basin Characterisation, Pressure-Impact Analysis and Risk;
- Assessment based on practical experience from the development of RBM Plans aligned to the EU WFD;
- Contributing to and quality control of all documents, analysis, illustrations, presentations to be developed under this assignment;
- Working together with the GIZ project team in the involvement of and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders and preparation of all joint consultation meetings;
- Presenting work results at consultation meetings and discuss with decision makers to achieve common objectives;
- Technical communication and coordination with the Indian partner institutions and stakeholders related to their inputs to the Basin Characterisation, Pressure-Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment;
- Supporting the assessment of transferability of EU approaches or technologies to India.
Post graduate degree (German ‘Diplom’/Master) in Water Resource Management/ Environmental Management/Environmental Law or related subject relevant to the task.
Several years of experience in projects in Asia or Africa, of which 2 years in projects in India.
Fluent business language skills in English (C2 level).
- Several years of professional experience in the field of water resource management focusing on integrated in river basin management and river rejuvenation; analysis and development of environmental policies in the Indian context contributing towards river basin planning/restoration;
- Several years of practical working experience in all processes related to the development, implementation and monitoring of RBM Plans in European and other international rivers as well as the implementation of the EU WDF and its Common Implementation Strategy; drafting and coordinating of reports and RBM Plans;
- Several years of working experience in or practical cooperation experience with national and international water authorities and river basin commissions;
- Some years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- Working experience in development cooperation projects.
Region and duty station:
Home office, short-term mission to Dehli, India
Project / assignment duration:
60 expert days over 11 months project period
Estimated project start: