The "Participatory and Integrated Land Use Planning - II (PILUP-II)" will improve the institutional and regulatory framework for integrated land use planning at national level and in selected regions in line with international and ham rights standards.
Specific tasks of the consultant will be:
- Capacity building of national and regional government staff in integrated land use planning (prepare guidelines, a manual for data management);
- Implement PILUP on two locations with regional authorities and local stakeholders, where there is competition for land (urban, commercial areas, agriculture, or nature);
- Advise universities and vocational training centres on developing and offering curricula and training courses for ILUP;
- Coordination with GIZ and relevant national institutions and stakeholders.
The FOA Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests are to be taken as guideline. Participation and interests of women and vulnerable groups need to be specifically addressed.
Key responsibilities of the National Awareness and Education Expert (m/f/d) will be:
- Design and produce information material on the ILUP goals, process and results aimed at the general public, and specific target groups in the hotspots;
- Assist vulnerable groups in their internal communications, including use of social media;
- Organise and facilitate workshops, public meetings, stakeholder meetings in preparation of and during the ILUP process in hotspots;
- Organise and facilitate special stakeholder meetings with vulnerable groups to empower them in the ILUP process;
- Contribute to the project communications team on project information material including material for the project website.
University degree (Bachelor’s or higher) in communications, journalism, media or a similar area
Country / Regional Experience:
English, and Amharic and/or Oromo
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years of professional experience in the communications field;
- Some years of professional experience professional experience in communications on development and decision-making processes with multiple stakeholders and varied educational backgrounds in the government, private industry, or non-profit sector;
- Experience working for international development cooperation and advantage.
Region and duty station :
Addis Ababa with travel to regions (to be determined)
Project / assignment duration :
approx. until November 2024
Estimated project start :
Project status :