Water Supply and Sanitation in Mindelo
Improvement of the hygienic and health conditions of the population of Mindelo (75,000 inhabitants) on the Island Sao Vincente via:
Rehabilitation and Extension of the Water Distribution System:
- Construction and rehabilitation of reservoirs (reinforced concrete structures);
- Construction and rehabilitation of pumping stations;
- Construction of pumping mains;
- Construction and extension of water distribution networks;
- Installation of house connections.
Rehabilitation and Extension of the Sanitation System:
- Enhancement of house connections to the piped sewer system;
- Construction of new sewer systems;
- Construction and rehabilitation of waste water pumping stations;
- Extension of the existing waste water treatment plant.
Improvements in the Waste Disposal Sector:
- Procurement of additional waste disposal equipment (waste containers, waste collection vehicles and landfill equipment) for the municipal utility.
Type of services provided:
- Technical audit of the water supply network;
- Preparation of final design and tender documents;
- Assistance in tendering and contract award;
- Procurement of equipment;
- Construction supervision for all works.
|Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport|
|07/2006 - 10/2010|
|Contract value: 800,000 €|