International Social and Environmental Expert (m/f/d)
The project wants to improve the production base and drought resilience of settled and migrating livestock keepers in the Karamoja Region, NE Uganda.
The project will invest in water storage infrastructure (earth dam, valley tanks), improvement of services for livestock producers, proper operation and maintenance (O&M) of infrastructure and sustainable watershed / water resources management.
The project implementation consultant will prepare an overall and annual work plans, financial planning and procurement, implement participatory processes (for planning and implementation, through NGOs), contract NGOs, detailed design of water infrastructure, develop O&M concepts, contract service providers and construction firms, contract management, monitoring, public relations and progress reporting.
In cooperation with the national expert lead the participatory activities and integration of Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF)/ Free and Prior Informed Consent (FPIC) in the project activities, including:
- Prepare terms of reference and contracting ESIA (Environmental and Social Impact Assessment) /ESMP (Environmental and Social Management Plan) Consultant and NGOs for participatory processes;
- Contracting independent auditor for social safeguard compliance;
- Supervise the implementation of participatory activities and ESMP implementation;
- Contribute to project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
Academic qualification in Social, Environmental or Rural Development Sciences, or related
- Uganda, East Africa
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years experience with participatory processes in rural development;
- Some years experience with KfW / World Bank financed projects and social and environmental safeguards;
- Experience with project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
Region and duty station:
Moroto with frequent travel to Karamoja Region
Project / Assignment duration:
4 years preparation and construction phase and 2 years O&M phase
Estimated project start:
Please contact vacancies(at)aht-group.com to express your interest and to send your CV, preferably in KfW format.
For further details, please, contact Mr. Servi Nabuurs +49 201 2016 284 ; email: email@example.com.