Team Leader / Rural Engineer (m/f/d)
The project wants to improve the production base and drought resilience of settled and migrating livestock keepers in the Karamoja Region, NE Uganda.
The project will invest in water storage infrastructure (earth dam, valley tanks), improvement of services for livestock producers, proper operation and maintenance (O&M) of infrastructure and sustainable watershed / water resources management.
The project implementation consultant will prepare an overall and annual work plans, financial planning and procurement, implement participatory processes (for planning and implementation, through NGOs), contract NGOs, detailed design of water infrastructure, develop O&M concepts, contract service providers and construction firms, contract management, monitoring, public relations and progress reporting.
- Lead a team of international and national experts
- Coordinate the participatory planning and implementation
- Steer the engineering design
- Contracting of works, supervision
- Coordinate project planning, budgeting
- Monitoring and reporting
MSc Civil Engineering
Working experience in Uganda, East Africa
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years of professional experience with rural engineering and water resources infrastructure
- Experience with KfW / World Bank financed projects and procurement
- Some years of Team Leading experience with responsibility for project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting
Region and duty station:
Moroto with frequent travel to Karamoja Region
Project / Assignment duration:
4 years preparation and construction phase and 2 years O&M phase
Estimated project start:
First quarter of 2020
Please contact vacancies(at)aht-group.com to express your interest and to send your CV, preferably in KfW format.
For further details, please, contact Mr. Servi Nabuurs, +49 201 2016 284, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .