Engineer (m/f/d) Solid Waste Management
We are expanding our Team in the Department of Communal Infrastructure and Governance for our Headquarters in Essen and are looking for an:
Engineer (m/f/d) Solid Waste Management (In-house) in the field of international development cooperation.
You act independently, like to work in a team, and have great flexibility as well as intercultural competences? You would like to work in an open-minded and appreciative team? Let’s make the world a better place together and become part of the AHT-family in Essen / Germany and worldwide!
AHT GROUP AG stands for innovative management consultancy services for technical and financial development cooperation, with professional expertise focusing on: Water Resources Management and Irrigation; Nature Conservation, Forestry and Agriculture; Communal Infrastructure and Governance; and Information Technology and Software Development.
Several times per year, you will travel abroad for assignments in on-going projects as project manager (m/f/d), short- term expert (m/f/d) as well as backstopper (m/f/d). Furthermore, you are responsible for the acquisition and preparation of technical and financial offers, which include fact finding missions and/or pre-bid meetings on site.
- Ideally university degree in civil or environmental engineering with a specialization in solid waste management
- Several years of working experience in solid waste management
- Preferably experience in projects of international development cooperation and / or NGOs
- Your previous main working experience: elaboration of feasibility studies and SWM concepts and / or planning / design of SWM facilities
- Work experience in planning, contract management, construction supervision as well as operation and maintenance of solid waste management facilities
- Experience in consulting public institutions as well as in the organisational development of utilities
- Fluent in spoken and written English; preferably French and / or German
- Good skills in handling standard office and design software
- An exciting and challenging position in an international environment with attractive remuneration
- Compatibility of family life and career
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a motivated and liberal-minded team
- Good personal development opportunities
- Short communication channels and decision-making paths
- The office is conveniently located in the centre of Essen
Is this position of interest for you?
If you think you are the person we are referring to, please send your complete application documents, indication of your earliest start date and salary requirement via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions, please, do not hesitate to contact Mr Ingo Rudolf at Tel.: +49 (0) 201 2016 264
Deadline for application entrance is 15/02/2020.