National Assistant (m/f/d) Chief Technical Advisor (ACTA) - National Park Management
The overall objective of Forest Programme III is to contribute to the implementation of strategies for forest conservation and rehabilitation in order to reduce climate relevant emissions and improve livelihoods of the rural poor (= overall objective of Indonesian-German Forest Programmes).
The specific objective of this Programme (programme goal) is the implementation of a collaborative integrated management of the Lore Lindu landscape and therewith supporting Indonesia in strategy development and implementation of measures regarding conservation of biodiversity and watersheds in the framework of the national REDD+ Strategy in Central Sulawesi.
Main indicators are:
Indicator 1 on Biodiversity - Key-species (Maleo, Anoa, Babirusa)
Indicator 2 on Forest cover/ carbon stocks
Indicator 3 on cooperation between communities and BBTNLL
1. Together with the CTA ensure the establishment and implementation of project management systems and in the management of the project overall
- (Support) Updating of Project Implementation Manual
- (Lead) M&E (in close cooperation with M&E experts)
- (Support) Overall Budget, AWPs and APPs
- (Lead) Data and document management
2. Assist the office manager in the establishment and implementation of project management systems and in the management of the project overall
- (Support) MoM weekly meetings
- (Support) Coordination and communication with PEA, PIU, GIZ and other project partners
- (Support) Office Management
- (Support) the elaboration of monthly financial reports and approve these reports before sent to HQ
- (Support) Management of IC staff
- (Support) Data and document management
3. With the CTA, coordinate inputs from the international and national experts to ensure effective and timely delivery of support as agreed with the PEA and PIUs
4. Provide input to the development of the project Plan of Operation and the identification of targets and indicators
5. Lead the development of a strategy for communication with key stakeholder groups (especially local Government) concerning the Park and watershed
6. Manage the implementation of the communications strategy and the operation of the forum for exchange between key stakeholders
7. Ensure that stakeholders are aware of and support the programme’s work on encroachment/conflict mitigation, human-wildlife conflict, zonation of the Park, and eco-tourism, including the watershed, forestry/agroforestry, and livelihood and community participation work.
8. Lead the assessment on capacity building needs and monitor the implementation of programs of capacity building for BBTNLL, BPDASHL and BPSKL
9. Coordinate the arrangement of the financial, technical and administration documents needed for DIPA accomplishment for all activities.
10. Any other duties as instructed by the CTA.
Minimum master’s degree, preferable PhD in Forestry, Biology, Natural Protection
Bahasa Indonesia, English (fluent verbal and writing)
Expertise / Profile:
Proven work experience in national park management as well as proven experience with FC projects (preferable KfW) is desired
Region and duty station:
Palu, Central Sulawesi
Project / Assignment duration:
1. January 2020 – 31. December 2023
Estimated project start:
Project has already started on 1. January 2017
3rd year of implementation
Please contact vacancies(at)aht-group.com to express your interest and to send your CV, preferably in KfW format.
For further details, please, contact Mr. Bernd Unger, Unger(at)aht-group.com; phone: +62-812-9932-1931.