Job Opportunities - Take a look at our Job opportunities
International County Project Advisor (m/f) for Marsabit
The German government through the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) made a commitment to support the so-called "Drought Resilience Programme in Northern Kenya (DRPNK)".
DRPNK is to strengthen the drought resilience and climate adaptive capacities capacities – and herewith the food security – of the pastoral and agro-pastoral livelihoods and communities on a sustainable basis by expanding and rehabilitating relevant infrastructure in selected clusters in the counties of Turkana and Marsabit by providing funds for the required infrastructure investments. Given the particularly high poverty rates of the population in the two counties (92% in Turkana and 80% in Marsabit), the programme is likely to have a direct and strong impact on some of the poorest and most vulnerable parts of Kenya's population. The county governments of Turkana and Marsabit are the Project Executing Agencies.
The project will be implemented for a period of 36 months, starting from beginning of 2019.
The International County Project Advisor (CPA) (m/f) for Marsabit is working closely together with the International Team Leader / County Project Advisor (m/f) for Turkana based in Turkana, and the National Team Coordinator (m/f) based in Nairobi.
His/Her tasks are comprehensive and include (but are not necessarily restricted to) the following:
- Work with the County Project Coordinating Unit and other stakeholders to develop appropriate approaches for implementing the project;
- Contribute to the general management and oversight of the project results andmeasures in accordance with the approved log frame and time schedule and in close cooperation with the International Team Leader;
- Assist the Project Executing Agencies, if necessary and requested by these, in coordinating activities with other development partners on county level;
- Contribute to the preparation of project reports and annual work plans/operational plans;
- Work together with the procurement officer in procuring works, goods and consulting services according to agreed procedures and in line with national laws and regulations;
- Provide technical guidance as regards the preparation of the ToRs of short-term experts and assistance as regards the selection of appropriate candidates;
- Assist in financial monitoring of approved budgets;
- Supervise the Consultant’s project personnel (including support staff) and subcontractors (including short-term experts).
Postgraduate university degree in a discipline of rural development, agricultural engineering, irrigation engineering, water resource management or similar
Country / Regional experience:
Kenya, experience in Northern Kenya would be an asset
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years of practical professional experience in areas such as community development, integrated rural development, small-scale irrigation, water resource management (water harvesting), adaptation to climate change, livestock production enhancement, rangeland improvement, community participation, etc.;
- Practical experience in dry land management would be a strong asset
- Experience as Team Leader/Coordinator/Project Manager (m/f) preferably in similar long-term project assignments;
- Work experience with donor-funded projects;
- Experience with German Financial Cooperation (KfW) would be a strong asset.
Region and duty station:
Project / assignment duration:
30 months input over a period of 36 months project duration
Estimated project start: