Job Opportunities - Take a look at our Job opportunities
Senior GIS and Asset Management Expert (m/f) for Institutional Strengthening of WASCO and Regional Water Utilities
The project focuses on a utility Support for Saint Lucia’s “Water & Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO)” and other Water Utilities in the wider Caribbean Region. Particularly it is foreseen to support institutional and organizational strengthening across all WASCO departments and hierarchies, to assist and improve network management and reduce non-revenue water, modernize the hydraulic modelling as well as the Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and WASCO‘s asset management. This technical assistance is provided through direct consulting and on-the-job training during daily operations of the utility. A key objective is to improve the human resources’ capacities across departments and to address major challenges posed by the inadequate operation of the water supply infrastructure.
- Development of a GIS-based/linked inventory system, technical specifications of the system, specification of required information of the items inventoried; documented and visualized SOP for data input into GIS
- Assessment of the existing GIS system, documentation of the findings and suggestions for improvement of the system
- Identification of processes in place and in development, identification of existing and necessary links (knowledge transfer, communication) and documentation on findings
- Definition of requirements together with WASCO, visualized drafts of dashboards, proposal of implementation prioritization
High-level technical training and certification / technical diploma in relevant field, such as Surveying, GIS, Geodesy, IT for water utilities, water utility and network operations, a university degree would be an advantage.
Country / Regional experience:
Proven experience in Saint Lucia or one of the ‘CATS countries’ would be an asset; otherwise experience in developing and/or emerging countries.
Excellent English in speech and writing; German would be an advantage.
Expertise / Profile:
- Additional qualifications such as IT related to water utilities, Process Control and SCADA Systems, operation and maintenance of water supply networks, capacity development, institutional strengthening would be an asset
- Several years of work experience in relevant field of expertise
- Utility operation experience from a water utility or water provider would be an asset
- Some years of work experience in on-the-ground implementation of projects in the respective field of expertise
- Experience in working with multinational teams and individuals filling different roles
- Ability to transmit knowledge and technical expertise through structured and tangible hands-on activities and work as part of a team
- Experience in conducting human capacity development (HCD) activities or trainings in an international context would be an asset
- Experience in at least 2 projects similar to the assignment and tasks described above
- Track record of conducting technical assistant activities in preparation, implementation and monitoring of water utility support would be an asset
- Willingness to work hands-on in the field
Region and duty station:
Saint Lucia, West Indies, Home Office
Project / assignment duration:
App. 40 working days
Estimated project start: