Job Opportunities - Take a look at our Job opportunities
International and National Short Term Experts (m/f) in Solid Waste Management
Emission Reduction in Cities (ERiC) Solid Waste Management Programme: SECO/KfW-supported Accompanying Measures Consultant Services to four Local Government SWM units in preparation of operation of four new Sanitary Landfills including Sorting and Composting Stations under construction and set up of a new SWM System including new institutional structures, tariffs and improvement in collection and transport.
The Project Executing Agency is the Ministry of Public Works and Housing, Department for SWM via a National PMU and, via MoA, Local Project Management/Implementation Units in the four Local Governments.
In a first project phase, concepts for Institutional development, Waste Information System and GHG Emission Reduction, Collection and Transport, Financial Management, Legal Reform, Involvement of Informal and Privat Sector, Public Communication and community participation and Training have been developed and compiled into toolboxes. In the second phase until 2020, these concepts and toolboxes shall be implemented and used by the four SWM units in the Cities and Regency. The Consultant shall support this process.
- Work under ToR set up by Team Leader and Co-Team Leader
- Report to PEA National Project Management Unit and to four Local Governments SWM Units and Local Project Management/Implementation Units
- Regular progress writing based on an established LogFrame and existing indicators
- Own consulting activities in intermittent assignments in the four Local Governments on the level of Head of SWM Units, Head of Units in the SWM units, technical staff), preferably in the field of
- Institutional Development
- Waste Information System and GHG emission reduction calculation and reporting
- Financial Management
- Collection and Transport of Waste
- Local Legal Regulations for SWM and SWM enforcement
- Involvement of Private Sector Services and Informal Sector (waste pickers)
- Public Communication and Community Participation
- Working together with subcontracted service provider for e.g. Separation at Source and elaboration of public information and awareness raising media material
- Input into and participation in national and international Study Tours and training/HRD measures
University degree in SWM or Environmental Science or similar
Country / Regional experience:
- Experience in Indonesia, working with Local Governments and Ministries
- Experience in other SE-Asia countries
- English, Bahasa Indonesia an asset for international short-term experts (m/f)
- Bahasa Indonesia and English speaking and writing for national short-term experts (m/f)
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years of professional experience in SWM and experience in working with Local Government technical units
- Experience in working in comprehensive SWM projects
- Working in a team with 2 national Co-Team leaders, administration staff
- Experience in conducting trainings and workshops, and own consultancy tasks for organizational and institutional development
- Experience in report writing for international donors and Indonesian Public Service entities
Region and duty station:
East Java is also duty station (Office).
Advisory services to Local Governments and their Solid Waste Management Units in the City of Malang and the Regency of Sidoarjo and Regency of Jombang, all in East Java, reachable in a day-trip. In addition, and similar, on Sumatra, advisory services to the City of Jambi.
Project / assignment duration:
September/October 2018 - December 2020; intermittent assignments
Estimated project start:
On-going project; Second phase; Implementation of concepts and use of toolboxes
On-going project (Second phase)