Job Opportunities - Take a look at our Job opportunities
National Team Leader / Long Term Expert (m/f) in Solid Waste Management
Emission Reduction in Cities (ERiC) Solid Waste Management Programme: SECO/KfW-supported Accompanying Measures Consultant Services to four Local Government SWM units in preparation of operation of four new Sanitary Landfills including Sorting and Composting Stations currently under construction and set up of a new SWM System including new institutional structures, tariffs and improvement in collection and transport.
The Project Executing Agency is the Ministry of Public Works and Housing, Department for SWM, represented by a National PMU. Local Project Management/Implementation Units exist also in the four Local Governments. Agreements between the Ministry and the Local Government guide the implementation of the Project.
In a first project phase, concepts for Institutional Development, Waste Information System and GHG Emission Reduction, Collection and Transport, Financial Management, Legal Reform, Involvement of Informal and Privat Sector, Public Communication and Community Participation and Training have been developed and compiled into toolboxes. In the second phase until 2020, these concepts shall be implemented and the toolboxes used for that by the four SWM units in the Cities and Regency. The Consultant shall support this process.
- Team Leading of a team of limited international short- term and considerable national short-term and experts and two long-term Co-Team leaders for the above-mentioned expertise
- Liaison to the Ministry of Public Works and Housing and to the leadership within the four Local Governments as well as to Jakarta-based offices/programme-managers of SECO (Switzerland) and KfW (Germany)
- Liaison to the Consultant supervising construction and start of operation of the four Sanitary Landfills
- Regular progress writing based on an established LogFrame and existing indicators
- Own consulting activities in the four Local Governments on the level of decision-takers (Mayor, Head of Administration, Head of SWM Units, Head of Units in the SWM units, technical staff), preferably in the field of Institutional Development (set up of public semi/independent service provision units), Financial Management (tariff improvement, cost recovery improvement) and SWM
- Steering the short-term experts, working closely with the Co-Team leaders and monitoring and quality control of inputs of team members
- Monitoring and quality control of subcontracted services, e.g. for pilot measures on Separation at Source and elaboration of public information and awareness raising media material
- Supervision of administration and support staff
- Input into and participation in national and international Study Tours and training/HRD measures
University degree in SWM or Environmental Science or similar
Country / Regional experience:
- Experience in Indonesia, working with Local Governments and Ministries
- Experience in other SE-Asia countries
Bahasa Indonesia and English
Expertise / Profile:
- Long-term professional experience in SWM and experience in working with Local Government Technical Units
- Long-term experience in working in comprehensive SWM projects
- Experience in leading a team of national and international experts, administration and support staff
- Experience in conducting trainings and workshops, and own concultancy tasks for organizational and institutional development
- Experience in report writing for international donors and Indonesian Public Service entities
Region and duty station:
East Java is also duty station (Office).
Advisory services to Local Governments and their Solid Waste Management Units in the City of Malang and the Regency of Sidoarjo and Regency of Jombang, all in East Java, reachable in a day-trip. In addition, and similar, on Sumatra, advisory services to the City of Jambi.
Project / assignment duration:
August 2018 - December 2020, full-time assignment
Estimated project start:
On-going project; Second phase; Implementation of concepts and use of toolboxes
On-going project (second phase)