Citizen participation in monitoring of local development projects
The objective of the consultancy was to develop a multi-channel bi-directional communication infrastructure for the citizens of Rwanda to get in touch with their administration regarding infrastructure projects or complaints in the area of social protection, injustice or violence. This Citizen Complaint Module (CCM) is embedded into the Monitoring & Evaluation Information System (MEIS) of the Local Administrative Entities Development Agency (LODA, the legal successor of the Ruanda Local Development Support Fund, RLDSF).
Citizen are able to express their complaints through different communication channels:
- USSD Cell Phone Service
- Call Center Hotline
- Web Form
After submitting a complaint, cases are created summarizing complaints on the same topic (a certain school building for example). The communication is designed to be bi-directional, so that citizens receive feedback from the administration about the status of their complaint. All this can be done with support of the CCM where administration staff can reply to complaints directly via SMS or a voice mail for example.
Type of services provided:
- Developing a concept to integrate all targeted communication channels;
- Building a secure link to mobile phone provider data centres in order to connect to cell phone users;
- Detailed system design for the implementation of the functionalities in an Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition) environment;
- Development of the web based components;
- Development of reports in XLS and PDF format as well as interactive reporting in the web user interface.
|Local Administrative Entities Development Agency (LODA)|
|02/2016 – 07/2016|
|Contract value: 24,396,00 €|