Water and Sanitation Program for the Millennium (PHAM) - Transboundary Joint Secretariat - Phase 3
The present component is part of an EU financing plan of 25 million Euro for the project “Water and Sanitation Program for the Millennium” in Côte d’Ivoire. The main goal of the program is to improve the living conditions of the most vulnerable populations of the country. The project thus focuses on the water and sanitation sector through the implementation of infrastructure in two districts located in the north-west of the country. This area faced several crises between 2002 and 2011, the drinking water infrastructure was severely damaged and the management and maintenance system for the facilities was lost.
The specific goals of the team responsible for technical support are the following:
- In cooperation with relevant actors, to support elaboration and drafting of the drinking water policy and to support the Ivorian government in its implementation.
- To assist the Ivorian government in the decentralisation process, which aims at transferring the ownership of the drinking water infrastructures in rural areas to the decentralised communities.
- To contribute to the durability of water infrastructures in rural areas through the professionalisation of the management and the maintenance of the water points in rural areas at national level.
Type of services provided:
Support to the decentralisation of Public Services:
- Analysis of the existing regulatory and institutional framework;
- Analysis of the institutional aspects of the decentralisation;
- Analysis of the financial and budgetary aspects of the decentralisation;
- Analysis of the legal aspects of the decentralisation;
- Organisation of a restitution workshop at regional level;
- Analysis of the studies and the observations collected during the restitution workshop;
- Organisation of a restitution workshop at national level;
- Elaboration of an institutional framework for the ownership of drinking water infrastructures in rural areas;
- Support to the implementation of this institutional framework in the regions covered by the PHAM.
|National Office of drinking water|
|10/2014 – 09/2017|
|Contract value: 1,326,000 €|