Development of a Database System for Monitoring & Evaluation
The objective of the consultancy is to develop a comprehensive web-based Monitoring & Evaluation Information System (MEIS), which allows the Local Administrative Entities Development Agency (LODA, the legal successor of the Ruanda Local Development Support Fund, RLDSF) and associated districts to follow up the progress and performance status of their projects throughout their entire life cycle. This includes local development projects aiming to improve local infrastructure as well as social protection projects.
In particular, the services concern the development and installation of an information system to accompany monitoring and evaluation of infrastructure and other projects in the 30 districts of Rwanda and the City of Kigali, which are financed and followed by the LODA as well as to support its first phase of operation.
The MEIS covers all fields and functionalities defined in the existing M&E manual and stores detailed information for each project. It allows to (i) enter financial data on the planned project budget including detailed cost breakdown; (ii) enter payments (transfers and expenditures) made during project implementation; (iii) monitor the project throughout its life cycle by a set of pre-defined checklists; (iv) monitor a project on the basis of several indicators from an indicator catalogue and (v) evaluate the progress of individual projects or project aggregations.
Type of services provided:
- Assessment of functional and non-functional requirements to be covered by the information system;
- Detailed system design for the development in Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition);
- Development of the web based information system;
- Development of a stand-alone client for offline (without internet) usage;
- Identification of the human resource input required to administer the system once operational;
- Design and implementation of a training programme (including specification of the required facilities and their availability);
- Establishment of help desk organisation;
- Cost estimate of all elements clearly distinguishing between investment and licence costs;
- Suggestions for hardware procurement.
|Local Administrative Entities Development Agency (LODA)|
|BMZ through KfW|
|01/2014 – 05/2018|
|Contract value: 464,539 €|