Kafr El Sheik Sewerage Training Project - Accompanying Measure
The Kafr El Sheik Water and Sewerage Company (KWSC) is responsible for the drinking water supply and wastewater disposal of the Kafr El Sheik Governorate with a population of 2.6 million people.
The objective of the project was to enable KWSC to operate and maintain a large number of newly constructed sewerage facilities (11 WWTPs, 22 sewage pumping stations and 15 sewer systems) in an effective and efficient manner. The Consultant supported the KWSC management and operational staff of the new wastewater disposal facilities to be qualified for clearly defined jobs.
The activities achieved the following results:
- The organizational structure of KWSC is adopted to cope with new tasks, adequate management structures and procedures are put in place;
- Required O&M staff is available and properly allocated;
- The technical and commercial personnel is qualified;
- Continuous training plans are implemented and followed-up, training progress is monitored;
- One WWTP is identified as central training site, a self-help training concept for sustainable human resource development is established.
Type of services provided:
- Analysis/improvement of the organizational structure of KWSC;
- Assistance in the establishment of labour requirement plans, job descriptions and in appointing new staff for positions to be filled for WWTP and sewer system operation;
- Introduction of Train-of-Trainers program on technical subjects and management techniques;
- On-the-job training for wastewater facilities operators and management staff (incl. HR, commercial and financial personnel);
- Vocational training for technicians and labourers in practical maintenance and repair techniques;
- Elaboration of individual training plans and training schedules, monitoring of training results;
- Support to KWSC in day-to day standard procedures and in coaching on exceptional WWTP operation situations;
- Operational optimization and physical improvements on WWTPs and pump stations;
- Assistance in the introduction of an MIS system;
- Elaboration/implementation of technical/organisational performance indicators for KWSC’s service provision.
|Kafr El Sheik Water and Sewerage Company (KWSC)|
|BMZ through KfW|
|12/2007 – 07/2013|
|Contract value: 3,091,466|