Within the framework of a GIZ call for tenders in the Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) for “Strengthening Regional Coordination and Climate Resilience in the Mekong Delta” in Viet Nam – The Mekong Delta is one of the regions most affected by the impacts of climate change. According to GIZ, the core problem is that the climate-resilient management of natural resources in the coastal areas of the Mekong Delta is not sufficiently effective to ensure sustainable development in this region. To face this situation the MCRP “facilitates regional coordination, the pertinent institutional and procedural frameworks and investment plans and/or investment decisions as well as the development and dissemination of technological solutions and innovations aimed at improving the climate-resilient management of water resources in urban and regional areas in the Mekong Delta” (ToR). The focus of this assignment is on institutional development priorities in national, regional, and provincial master planning closely linked with integrating urban and rural development in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Assess the status of integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Preparation of selection criteria and process for feasibility studies for integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Develop practical and sustainable models of integrated urban and rural hubs for selection to carry out the feasibility studies;
- Prepare the terms of reference for the three feasibility studies for integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the feasibility studies;
- Lead national short-term experts (m/f/d/) and partner leaders and officials in institutional development of integrated urban and rural hubs and the development of coordination mechanisms;
- Coordinate linkages between the established inter-provincial coordination mechanisms and integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Report to the team leader and the coordinator (m/f/d) on the development of an enabling policy and regulatory framework to establish integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Development of training materials and concepts as well as delivery of capacity strengthening of integrated urban and rural hubs.
Master’s degree in governance, institutional and capacity development and infrastructure investment, business development, climate change or urban and rural resilience
In the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages:
- English, C2
- Vietnamese, C2
- several years of professional experience in the governance sector in Vietnam, institutional development, government planning and budgeting, urban and rural climate resilience or business development;
- several years of professional experience in institutional strengthening, government planning and investment processes in Vietnam, capacity development or development of a policy and regulatory framework for urban and rural development;
- some years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- some years of experience in development cooperation.
If you wish to apply for this position, please make sure you include the “014855-Expert 4” in the subject of your email.
Please include a table summarising your experience relevant to this position (number of years of experience and number of relevant assignments).
No cover letter is required.
Region and duty station:
Project / assignment duration:
Estimated project start:
Five years from 01/2021 to 12/2025
Services being tendered