Within the framework of a GIZ call for tenders in the Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) for “Strengthening Regional Coordination and Climate Resilience in the Mekong Delta” in Viet Nam – The Mekong Delta is one of the regions most affected by the impacts of climate change. According to GIZ, the core problem is that the climate-resilient management of natural resources in the coastal areas of the Mekong Delta is not sufficiently effective to ensure sustainable development in this region. To face this situation the MCRP “facilitates regional coordination, the pertinent institutional and procedural frameworks and investment plans and/or investment decisions as well as the development and dissemination of technological solutions and innovations aimed at improving the climate-resilient management of water resources in urban and regional areas in the Mekong Delta” (ToR). The focus of this assignment is on institutional development priorities in national, regional, and provincial master planning closely linked with integrating urban and rural development in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Development of training materials and concepts as well as delivery for integrated and multi-sectoral planning;
- Carry out activities outlined in the action plan for institutional strengthening of the RCC, MoC and MARD working groups and provincial working groups;
- Responsible for implementing the gender sensitive capacity development plan to strengthen the capacity of the RCC, MoC and MARD working groups and provincial working groups;
- Establish provincial platforms in the Mekong Delta;
- Contribute to the establishment of two inter-provincial coordination mechanisms linked to the development of integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Cooperation with national and provincial partners to update the legal and policy framework for integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Development of training materials as well as delivery.
Master’s degree in state management, institutional and capacity development, government master planning, in urban and rural development or climate change and resilience
In the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages:
- English, B1
- Vietnamese, C2
- several years of professional experience in state management, institutional and capacity development or government master planning;
- several years of professional experience in urban and rural development or climate change and resilience;
- several years of professional experience in capacity development, awareness raising or conducting trainings and Training of Trainers;
- some years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- some years of experience in development cooperation.
If you wish to apply for this position, please make sure you include the “014855-Expert 3” in the subject of your email.
Please include a table summarising your experience relevant to this position (number of years of experience and number of relevant assignments).
No cover letter is required.
Region and duty station:
Project / assignment duration:
Estimated project start:
Five years from 01/2021 to 12/2025
Services being tendered