The "Participatory and Integrated Land Use Planning - II (PILUP-II)" will improve the institutional and regulatory framework for integrated land use planning at national level and in selected regions in line with international and ham rights standards.
Specific tasks of the consultant will be:
- Capacity building of national and regional government staff in integrated land use planning (prepare guidelines, a manual for data management);
- Implement PILUP on two locations with regional authorities and local stakeholders, where there is competition for land (urban, commercial areas, agriculture, or nature);
- Advise universities and vocational training centres on developing and offering curricula and training courses for ILUP;
- Coordination with GIZ and relevant national institutions and stakeholders.
The FOA Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests are to be taken as guideline. Participation and interests of women and vulnerable groups need to be specifically addressed.
Key responsibilities of the National Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Expert (m/f/d) will be:
- Coordinate with project-level M&E specialist (GIZ) (m/f/d);
- Review the result matrix (log frame), and refine the indicators if necessary;
- Prepare M&E plans and extract relevant sub-indicators to monitor the project outcomes and outputs;
- Establish an effective data collection system and reporting forms for capturing quantitative and qualitative information; as much as possible, use existing data sources embedded in existing systems;
- Implement the results-based monitoring system for outputs assigned to the contractor;
- Contribute to the preparation of the ToR for and operational (non-financial) monitoring of up to six local subsidies awarded to partners for work packages related to awareness and education under the guidance of the International Team Leader (m/f/d).
University degree (MSc) in a field related to the subject of the assignment (e.g. monitoring and evaluation; rural development; urban planning; social sciences; spatial planning; economics; project planning)
Country / Regional Experience:
English, and Amharic and/or Oromo
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years of professional experience in the field of spatial, rural or urban planning;
- Some years of professional experience in M&E;
- Experience working for international development cooperation and advantage.
Region and duty station :
Addis Ababa with travel to regions (to be determined)
Project / assignment duration :
approx. until November 2024
Estimated project start :
Project status :