Job Opportunities - Take a look at our Job opportunities
Team Leader (m/f) for an Agriculture / Aquaculture Training Program
The development of the Malawi agriculture sector, follows the objective to improve food-security through access of fish products and income generation from artisanal fishery and aquaculture. This shall be achieved through training (capacity building) of small-scale farmers and improving the organization of farmers involved in aquaculture.
- Managing and coordinating a team of tree national experts and three junior extension officers
- Communication and follow-up with project partners
- Coordinating activities with key-stakeholders
- Supervising project finances
- Monitoring and documenting progress of project activities
- Close cooperation and support of GIZ project coordinator in Lilongwe
- Establish and coordinate the creation of a (aquaculture) training scheme
- Strengthening farmers organisations
- Conception of training materials
- Support through mediation and coordination the development of the Malawi aquaculture sector
M.Sc. or higher degree in Aquaculture, National Resource Management or Agriculture, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Development Studies or a similar education.
A technical academic degree is not necessary, if the record shows that the candidate (m/f) is able to manage a technically oriented project.
Country / Regional experience:
Malawi / Southern Africa or other English-speaking African countries
- Excellent working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Working knowledge of German is an additional asset
Expertise / Profile:
- Excellent managerial and socio-cultural skills
- Several years of work experience in developing countries
- Some years of work experience in developing farmer groups / cooperatives and of working in development cooperation
- Some years of work experience in Africa, herein long-term work experience in Malawi is considered a strong additional asset
- Some years of working experience in a managerial position, including excellent communication skills and proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary and international environment
- Trained in GIZ-Capacity WORKS, or willingness to undergo a training before the commencement of the assignment
Region and duty station:
Project / assignment duration:
The contractor’s assignment ranges from September/October 2018 until 09/2021.
Estimated project start: