Job Opportunities - Take a look at our Job opportunities
3 National Long-term Experts / National Coordinators (m/f) – Aquaculture / Natural Resource Management / Agriculture with Focus on Aquaculture
The 3 national long-term experts (m/f) will function as the team leader’s national counterparts / assistant project managers (m/f).
It is emphasized that the quality of the human resources, their academic qualifications, technical know-how, expertise and managerial capacities are considered the most valuable contributions to be made by the contractor, in addition to conceptual and work planning, technical backstopping and knowledge management as well as local resources. The position of the long-term international consultant (m/f) and the long-term national expert (m/f) are of particular importance, as they are responsible for project management and assistant project management, respectively.
The national long-term experts (m/f) functioning as the assistant project managers will be the team leader’s national counterparts.
She/he will bring specific, detailed knowledge of the regional settings (social structures, legislation, political environment, geography, etc.), of regional farming practices and of the settings within the aquaculture value chain (up- and downstream sectors of farming).
He/she creates the link between the team leader and the regional framework including national staff/local partner institutions required for successful project implementation. Behind this background, their task profile is similar with that of the assigned team leader, with the difference, that they do not hold managerial responsibility for the contractor’s project component.
These assistant project managers (m/f) are engaged in day to day trainings and management of the local partner institutions that facilitate the project outreach.
M.Sc. or higher academic degree in Aquaculture, National Resource Management or Agriculture with a focus on Aquaculture or a similar educative profile relevant to the assignment.
The academic qualification must not necessarily be in the field of Aquaculture/Agriculture, if long-term practical experience along the value chain of the aquaculture sector can complement for the missing specific academic background so that thorough knowledge of local aquaculture practices (in farming and of the up- and downstream value chain) is proven.
Country / Regional experience:
Working experience in Malawi
Excellent working knowledge Chichewa and English (spoken and written)
Expertise / Profile:
- Several years of working experience in a managerial position, including excellent communication skills and proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary and international environment;
- A record of accomplishment in developing farmer groups/cooperatives. Herein, previous work within the sector of aquaculture is an additional asset;
- Some years of working experience in the sector of international cooperation and development;
- Given his/her important role to cooperate with the international long-term expert, it is essential that he/she has either already been trained in Capacity WORKS, or will undergo training conducted by a GIZ-accredited multiplier latest by the end of the projects inception phase;
- Excellent knowledge of the regional settings (social structures, legislation, political environment, geography, etc.);
- Previous work-experience in a Western work environment, preferably in a western country is an asset.
Region and duty station:
to be stationed in the 3 areas of intervention (one in each):
- Mzuzu and surroundings in the Northern Region
- Salima and surroundings in the Central Region
- Blantyre and surroundings in the Southern Region
Project / assignment duration:
The contractor’s assignment ranges from 09/2018 until 08/2021; assignment duration 35 PM for each coordinator (m/f).
Estimated project start: