Job Opportunities - Take a look at our Job opportunities
Team Leader (m/f) for Wastewater Re-use Project in Nablus
“Wastewater Reuse Project Nablus – Palestine”
The scheme involves irrigation of fodder crops and nut trees with treated wastewater from the Waste Water Treatment Plant in Nablus. The WWTP is operated by Nablus Municipality.
The effluent from the WWTP will be further treated before being pumped to a central reservoir and from there distributed to the individual plots. Irrigation is planned through sprinkler and drip-irrigation. The irrigation area comprises of about 280 ha.
Five villages near Nablus will be provided with the water source for reuse purposes. A further extension of the irrigation area (up to 400 ha) is planned and will be investigated accordingly.
The project includes the re-establishment of a Water User Association (WUA) including comprehensive capacity building and training for WUA members as well as the technical design, tendering and construction supervision for the installation and extension of the irrigation system.
The Team Leader (m/f) will be responsible among other for:
- Overall project management and assistance to the Water User Association (WUA) on institutional and administrative matters
- Management of project finances
- Capacity building measures for WUA
- Design, tendering and procurement according to donor procedures
- Development of WUA
- Development of Irrigation Management and Operations Plan (IMOP)
MSc in Agriculture and/or Civil Engineering - Irrigation and/or Economy
Country / Regional experience:
Working experience in Middle East countries
Excellent command of English, Arabic will be an asset
Expertise / Profile:
- Strong project management and team leading skills acquired in international projects/programmes
- Experience in extension of existing irrigation infrastructure
- Experience with water reuse in agriculture
- Experience in establishment and support of Water User and/or Irrigation Associations
- Excellent knowledge of FIDIC regulations (Red Book / Green Book)
- Excellent knowledge of KfW guidelines
Palestine - West Bank
Region and duty station:
Project / assignment duration:
Estimated project start: